This policy applies to everyone who visits our website.
Last updated on 3 July 2023
Impact Academy (IA) thinks that your privacy is important and it is something we want to respect and protect. However, for our website to function in a relevant way and for us to be able to analyze how visitors use our website, we use so-called cookies. As a visitor, you have the right to know this, according to lagen om elektronisk kommunikation (“the Electronic Communications Act”). You also have the right to choose which cookies you accept, and we do not save any information in your browser or on your device without your consent.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved in your browser or on your device when you visit a website. They can be used for various reasons. Some cookies are necessary as they activate essential functions on the website and thus cannot be deselected. Other cookies are used for marketing or analysis regarding how visitors use different websites.
IA uses certain cookies because they are necessary for the website and others for analysis and marketing.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to make a donation. You can refuse to accept all or some cookies by modifying settings within your browser (for guidance on how to do this, visit www.aboutcookies.org). However, if you block strictly necessary cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us improve how it works — for example, by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for.
- Marketing. These are specific cookies to map how a visitor has moved between different websites. The purpose of these is to make relevant advertising visible to you as a customer.
What type of cookies do we use?
At impactacademy.org, different types of cookies are used.
The cookies we use are stored on your device for different lengths of time:
- Permanent cookies save a file on your device for longer but with an expiration date. The cookie is deleted from your device when the expiration date has passed. If you visit the website again when the expiration date has passed, a cookie will be stored again.
- Session cookies are temporarily saved on your device when you are on the website. As soon as you close the browser, this cookie is deleted. The purpose of these cookies is, for example, to keep track of which language you have chosen.
The cookies we use have different domain name senders:
- First-party cookies have the same domain name sender as the website. In our case, impactacademy.org is the sender.
- Third-party cookies come from another domain name sender. These cookies, therefore, do not have impactacademy.org as the sender. One and the same third-party cookie can be used by several websites that work together to understand how visitors move between the websites. Information from these cookies can be shared with IA but also used for other purposes. This is controlled by the actor responsible for and delivering the cookie in question..
Examples of cookies we may use
|VISITOR_IN_FO1_LIVE||youtube.com||This cookie is set by Youtube. It is used to track the information of the embedded Youtube videos on a website.||6 months||Marketing|
|test_cookie||doubleclick.net||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. It is used the determine if the user’s browser supports cookies.||15 minutes||Marketing|
|IDE||doubleclick.net||This cookies is set by Google DoubleClick. It is used to store information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website.||13 months||Marketing|
|_ga||google-anayltics.com||This cookie is set by Google Analytics. It is used to register a unique ID that generates statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||Analytics|
|_gat||google-anayltics.com||This cookie is set by Google Analytics. It is used to throttle request rates.||1 day||Analytics|
|monts_ss_cvr||effektivaltruism.org||This cookie is set by websites that use Squarespace. It is used to identify unique visitors and track a visitor’s sessions on a site.||2 years||Analytics|
|ss_cvt||effektivaltruism.org||This cookie is set by websites that use Squarespace. It is used to identify unique visitors and track a visitor’s sessions on a site.||30 minutes||Analytics|
|crumb||effektivaltruism.org||This cookie is set by websites that use Squarespace. It is used to prevent cross-site request forgery.||Session||Necessary|
|YSC||youtube.com||This cookies is set by Youtube. It is used to track the views of embedded videos.||Session||Performance|
Where is data from our cookies handled?
If you want information about current protective measures, which you are entitled to, you can contact us as stated below under the section "More information".
How can you manage your cookie settings?
You can always change your cookie settings, but as said some cookies are necessary for the website to function. However, you can choose whether you want to accept cookies for analysis, statistics, and marketing. Learn how to keep statistics from being collected by Google. Further, you can set general settings for cookies in your browser. Here are instructions for the most common browsers.